Program Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordination of a program and its activities
- Ensuring implementation of policies and practices
- Maintaining budget and tracking expenditures/transactions
We are looking for a competent Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams. If you have further skills in program development and human resources support, we’d like to meet you.
The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards.
- Support planning and coordination of a program and its activities
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Prepare paperwork and order material
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Support growth and program development
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Program Coordinator do?
- A Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating different programs. They must have an excellent understanding of how to manage their projects with strict deadlines while staying within budget constraints by utilizing resources effectively.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Program Coordinator?
- Program coordinators manage, coordinate, and oversee different programs. They will monitor approved expenditures of a program; prepare financial statements for their organizations as well as maintain records pertaining to activities in that particular area.
- What makes a good Program Coordinator?
- A Program Coordinator will possess strong analytical skills, excellent communication abilities, and good managerial practices. Great problem-solving logic will allow them the ability to not only solve problems but create solutions that are beyond expectations. In addition, they will have great time management skills to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Who does a Program Coordinator work with?
- A Program Coordinator will generally oversee one or more Assistant Program Coordinators. They will report to a Senior Program Coordinator, and then up to a Director of Project Management, ultimately to a VP of Project Management.