Use this Program Administrator job description to attract and hire people who can lead your organization’s programs.
Program Administrator responsibilities include:
- Overseeing budgets and funding
- Reviewing and improving practices within the programs
- Hiring, supervising and coaching team members
We are looking for a Program Administrator to coordinate operations and people for various programs in our organization.
Program Administrator responsibilities include managing budgets, recruiting staff and establishing policies. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have strong organizational and communication skills, as well as experience in people management. If you’re also a dedicated worker and a problem-solver, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our programs run smoothly and achieve their purpose.
- Oversee all operations, activities and budgets for each program
- Lead fundraising efforts when needed
- Review and improve applied standards and practices
- Prepare and monitor program calendar
- Reschedule or rearrange tasks and projects as necessary
- Hire, supervise and coach team members (e.g. project managers, program supervisors)
- Manage relations with vendors or partner organizations
- Resolve issues to keep programs rolling
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations for each program
- Prepare reports on the programs’ status or problems
- Recommend improvements and present ideas for new programs
- Proven experience as a program coordinator or similar role
- Experience in budgeting and fundraising
- Familiarity with industry-related laws and regulations
- Knowledge of recruiting processes
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of time and project management software (e.g. Confluence, Basecamp)
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field