What is an operations supervisor?
Operations supervisors monitor the efficiency of a department and apply methods to improve processes, such as customer service and data analysis procedures.
What does an operations supervisor do?
Operations supervisors keep track of key performance indicators (KPIs) across different functions, including IT, customer support and finance. They monitor compliance with operational policies and the progress of administrative tasks (e.g. managing inventory).
Operations supervisor duties also include:
- Supervising and training employees
- Implementing processes to reduce costs
- Analyzing and reporting on performance
When you build your own operations supervisor job descr iption, make sure to tailor these duties to the role, based on your company’s requirements.
We are looking for an experienced operations supervisor to help us implement the right processes across the company and enable business growth. You’ll assess our departments’ operational methods and propose ways to improve them.
Project management and effective communication are important operation supervisor skills. To succeed is this role, you should also be a good problem-solver with sharp, analytical thinking.
If you are result-oriented and have excellent organizational skills, we’d like to meet you.
- Oversee efficiency of operational processes
- Participate in strategic planning and goal-setting for various business functions, including IT and customer support
- Analyze business requirements and customer needs
- Research methods to improve operations and reduce costs
- Monitor and report on department performance
- Supervise and train employees
- Provide administrative support (e.g. updating inventory)
- Ensure compliance with company policies and regulatio
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as an operations supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience implementing operational processes
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of operational principles and policies
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team leadership
- A degree in operations management or business administration is a plus