This Operations Manager job description template is ready to post on job boards or careers pages and is easy to adjust to your requirements. Similar roles are Director of Operations and Head of Operations.
Operations Manager Responsibilities include
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
Hiring an operations manager? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a professional Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee our organization’s operations.
What is an operations manager?
The operations manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organization.
The specific duties of an operations manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant, efficient and profitable during the course of business.
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
- Proven work experience as operations manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
More Operation Manager roles:
- Business operations manager job description
- Operations director job description
- IT Operations Manager job description
- COO job description
Similar job descriptions:
- Administration Manager
- Business Consultant
- Business Manager
- Executive Director
- Program Manager
Download this Operations Manager Job Description in pdf format for free.