This Operations Manager job description template is ready to post on job boards or careers pages and is easy to adjust to your requirements.
Operations Manager responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
Hiring an Operations Manager? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a professional Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee our organization’s operations.
What is an operations manager?
The Operations Manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organization.
The specific duties of an Operations Manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant, efficient and profitable during the course of business.
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
Frequently asked questions
What does an Operations Manager do?
Operations Managers oversee operational activities at every level of an organization. Their duties include hiring and training employees and managing quality assurance programs. An operations manager also strategizes process improvements to ensure everyone completes their tasks on schedule.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Operations Manager?
Operations Managers are responsible for ensuring the quality of their company's products and services meet or exceed customer expectations. They do this by running various processes, like hiring new employees, training them in specific skill sets and procedures, and monitoring existing workers, so nothing falls through the cracks.
What makes a good Operations Manager?
A good Operations Manager is always looking for ways to engage their employees and make the workplace more effective and efficient. They need excellent leadership skills, social skills, and knowledge of actively listening. Other vital qualities of an efficient Operations Manager are understanding finances, supply chain management, workflow, and staffing.
Who does an Operations Manager work with?
Operations Managers generally report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and other leadership teams within an organization.