This Porter job description template will help you attract and hire qualified candidates for your open roles. Feel free to modify this template to meet your job requirements.
Porter responsibilities include:
- Carrying and labeling guests’ luggage with tags
- Sweeping and mopping floors and vacuum carpets
- Ensuring building entrance is free of clutter at all times
We are looking for a Porter to serve as the first point of contact to assist our guests.
Porter responsibilities include carrying guests’ luggage, fixing minor issues (like changing light bulbs) and cleaning building areas, including entrances. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage various tasks on a daily basis to ensure great customer service and that our operations run smoothly. Keep in mind that our Porter position requires working in shifts, occasionally on weekends or evenings.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our building is safe, clean and inviting.
- Carry and label guests’ luggage with tags
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Ensure building entrance is free of clutter at all times
- Direct guests to the reception area or the appropriate office/room
- Arrange taxi services upon request
- Run errands for guests and employees
- Fix minor technical issues, like changing bulbs
- Report damages, call technicians and monitor repairs
- Maintain stock of cleaning supplies
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Follow evacuation rules in case of emergencies
- Previous work experience as a Porter, Janitor or Custodian
- Hands-on experience with industrial cleaning equipment
- Good physical condition, stamina and strength (e.g. to lift heavy equipment and luggage)
- Familiarity with security regulations
- Solid verbal communication skills to interact with cleaning staff, technicians and customers
- Basic mechanical skills
- Availability to work in shifts and flexible schedules (e.g. weekends and evenings)
- High school diploma is a plus