This Marketing Specialist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Marketing Specialist responsibilities include:
- Conducting market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Brainstorming and developing ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assisting in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Specialist to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion.
A Marketing specialist should be a competent professional able to grasp consumer behavior trends and generate creative ideas. You should also be well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics.
The goal is to deliver effective marketing programs that will help our reputation and growth.
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as marketing specialist or similar role
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools (e.g. Dreamweaver) desired
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind
- BSc/BA in marketing, communications or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
What does a Marketing Specialists do?
A Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating advertising campaigns, pricing strategies and targeting the demographic data of their target audience. They work with marketing teams at companies to achieve success through more awareness about what they offer.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Marketing Specialist?
A Marketing Specialist researches competitors for ideas about improving their product or service offerings to attract more customers! Specifying a company's target audience based on previous research will help ensure that the right people see what they want when browsing their website.
What makes a good Marketing Specialists?
It is essential to have relevant experience or a passion for the industry. The Marketing person should fully understand and like the products/services they're trying to sell and have a strong understanding of marketing and business processes.
Who does a Marketing Specialist work with?
Marketing Specialists often work with the Sales Teams to plan and execute promotional campaigns.