This Sales Training Specialist job description template can help you identify candidates with training skills to support your sales team.
Sales Training Specialist Responsibilities
- Designing quality sales training programs within budget limitations
- Scheduling individual and team training plans on a regular basis
- Evaluating strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs
We are looking for a Sales training specialist to coordinate and support our sales team. Your duties include scheduling and overseeing all training programs and identifying training needs. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring new employees receive proper training to meet their responsibilities successfully.
Our ideal candidate understands our company objectives and suggests ideas to achieve them through sales training. For this position, you should combine excellent organization skills with an ability to interact with your team members and motivate them to succeed.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our sales team is fully educated, to perform at a high level and increase customer satisfaction.
- Design quality sales training programs within budget limitations
- Schedule individual and team training plans on a regular basis
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs
- Oversee training material and suggest improvements
- Choose the most appropriate training method per case (e.g. on-the-job training, seminars and simulations)
- Design onboarding session for new hires and sales trainees.
- Evaluate sales team performance to ensure incorporation of taught techniques
- Report on training program effectiveness
- Create an open-communication climate and gather team members’ preferences for potential training
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training record
- Stay up-to-date with employee development trends
- Proven work experience as a Sales training specialist or Sales training coordinator
- Extensive knowledge of learning principles and modern training techniques
- An ability to manage the full training cycle
- Experience with learning management software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Understanding of sales process, preferably with customer service experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- BSc degree in Education, Human Resources or relevant field
- Additional certification in training is a plus
- Source and recruit Sales Training Specialists with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.