Post this HR Intern job description template to online job boards and college alumni careers pages when offering internships at your HR department.
What is an HR intern?
An HR intern is a temporary position within the HR department, responsible for performing administrative tasks and supporting daily activities. They assist in updating employee records, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and gaining exposure to various HR functions like payroll, recruitment, and employee development. This role provides an opportunity for individuals to gain practical experience and insights into HR operations.
What does an HR intern do?
An HR intern performs various administrative tasks in support of the HR department. They update employee databases, gather payroll data, screen resumes, schedule interviews, post job ads, and assist in preparing HR-related reports. Additionally, they address employee queries, distribute company policies, and participate in organizing company events. This role provides valuable hands-on experience in HR processes, allowing interns to gain a comprehensive understanding of HR functions and contribute to the smooth operation of the department.
HR Intern responsibilities include:
- Updating our internal databases with new employee information like contact details and employment forms
- Gathering payroll data like working hours, leaves and bank accounts
- Screening resumes and application forms
We are seeking an enthusiastic HR Intern to join our team and provide invaluable support to our HR department. Your role will involve performing a variety of administrative tasks, including updating employee records, screening resumes, and scheduling interviews.
This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain firsthand experience in HR operations and gain insight into our company’s approach to payroll, recruiting, and employee development.
As an HR Intern, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of our HR policies and procedures. Your attention to detail and organizational skills will be utilized in maintaining accurate employee records and assisting with various HR-related activities.
Additionally, you will have the chance to contribute to the coordination of company events and gain exposure to different facets of HR management.
If you are eager to kickstart your HR career and work in a dynamic environment that values growth and development, we look forward to meeting you and providing you with a valuable learning experience.
Join our team and embark on a rewarding journey in the field of Human Resources.
- Update our internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms
- Gather payroll data like leaves, working hours and bank accounts
- Screen resumes and application forms
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Prepare HR-related reports as needed (like training budgets by department)
- Address employee queries about benefits (like number of remaining vacation days)
- Review and distribute company policies in digital formats or hard copies
- Participate in organizing company events and careers days
Requirements and skills
- Experience as a Staff Assistant or similar junior HR role is a plus
- Familiarity with HRIS, ATS and resume databases
- Experience with MS Office
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Organizational skills
- BSc in Human Resources Management or similar field
Frequently asked questions
- What does an HR intern do?
- An HR intern performs administrative tasks, such as updating employee records, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and assisting with HR processes like payroll and recruitment.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an HR intern?
- The duties of an HR intern include updating employee databases, gathering payroll data, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, posting job ads, and assisting with HR-related reports and employee queries.
- What makes a good HR intern?
- A good HR intern has organizational skills, familiarity with HRIS and resume databases, knowledge of labor legislation, proficiency in MS Office, and a basic understanding of full-cycle recruiting.
- Who does an HR intern work with?
- An HR intern works with the HR department, including HR managers, staff assistants, and recruiters. They also collaborate with employees across various departments for tasks like gathering payroll data.
- What skills should an HR intern have?
- An HR intern should have experience in a similar junior HR role, familiarity with HRIS and resume databases, proficiency in MS Office, organizational skills, and a basic understanding of labor legislation.