Use this HR Clerk job description template to advertise open administrative positions in your Human Resources department.
What is an HR Clerk?
An HR Clerk is an entry-level role in the Human Resources department responsible for various administrative tasks, such as publishing job ads, scheduling interviews, maintaining employee records, and assisting with payroll preparation. They provide support to the HR team and contribute to the smooth functioning of HR operations.
What does an HR Clerk do?
An HR Clerk is responsible for publishing and updating job ads, scheduling interviews, maintaining employee records, preparing payroll-related documents, screening resumes, updating databases, and addressing employee queries. They assist in onboarding, training, and compensation processes, ensuring accurate record-keeping and efficient HR operations.
HR Clerk responsibilities include:
- Publishing and updating job ads on careers pages
- Scheduling interviews
- Maintaining employee records (e.g. vacation and sick leaves)
We are seeking an HR Clerk to provide essential support to our Human Resources department in their day-to-day operations.
As an HR Clerk, your responsibilities will encompass placing job ads on careers pages, updating employee records, and assisting in payroll preparation.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to launch your career in HR and gain valuable insights into procedures such as employee onboarding, training, and compensation.
By joining our team, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing and streamlining our company’s HR functions, fostering a positive working environment, and contributing to overall organizational success.
If you are eager to make a difference in the HR field, this position is perfect for you.
- Publish and update job ads on careers pages
- Schedule interviews
- Maintain employee records (e.g. vacation and sick leaves)
- Prepare monthly compensation and attendance spreadsheets
- Screen resumes and job applications
- Update internal databases with new hires’ data (e.g. contact details and bank accounts)
- Distribute physical and digital training material
- Store, copy and scan company policies
- Address employees’ queries
- Prepare ad-hoc reports (e.g. on expenses)
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an HR Clerk, HR Officer or similar junior role in HR
- Good understanding of HR operations (recruiting, onboarding, training and compensation)
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Hands-on experience with MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- BSc in Human Resources or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does an HR Clerk do?
- An HR Clerk is responsible for administrative tasks in the HR department, such as publishing job ads, scheduling interviews, and maintaining employee records.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an HR Clerk?
- The duties of a HR Clerk include publishing job ads, scheduling interviews, maintaining employee records, preparing payroll documents, screening resumes, and addressing employee queries.
- What makes a good HR Clerk?
- A good HR Clerk has solid organizational and time-management skills, a good understanding of HR operations, knowledge of labor legislation, proficiency in MS Office, and attention to detail.
- Who does an HR Clerk work with?
- An HR Clerk works with the HR team, including HR officers and managers, as well as employees across the organization.
- What skills should an HR Clerk have?
- An HR Clerk should have good understanding of HR operations, basic knowledge of labor legislation, proficiency in MS Office, organizational skills, and a degree in Human Resources or a relevant field.