We are looking for a Guest Relations Manager to make our clients feel welcome and ensure their pleasant and comfortable stay at our hotel.
What is the role of a Guest Relations Manager?
Guest Relations Manager responsibilities include greeting clients as they arrive, coordinating their check-ins to assigned rooms and informing them about the hotel’s facilities. You will also make sure our front-desk staff, including Receptionists and Concierges, offer stellar customer service and provide memorable hospitality experiences for our guests.
If you have previous hospitality experience and are familiar with hotel procedures, like bookings, luggage collection, storage and check-in/check-out processes, we’d like to meet you. Our ideal candidates have a flair for communication, with the ability to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
Ultimately, you will manage guest services and our hotel’s image by answering guests’ requests and making sure our visitors are satisfied.
- Provide upscale guest service experiences for clients throughout their stay
- Ensure clients are properly greeted upon their arrival
- Monitor daily bookings and ensure assigned rooms are prepared prior to check-in
- Coordinate luggage collection and storage
- Oversee check-in and check-out procedures, including reservations and financial transactions
- Promptly address guests’ requests, like in-room dining
- Actively listen to and resolve complaints
- Ensure special guests, like disabled people, elderly, children and VIPs, receive personalized services
- Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure we resolve customer concerns
- Inform clients of our hotel services, including breakfast and dining options
- Promote all hotel amenities, conveniences and programs offered
- Manage guest relations team (including Receptionists and Concierges) to ensure we comply with all standards and operating procedures
- Appraise team’s performance and produce regular reports
- Liaise with Housekeepers and Wait Staff to provide an overall comfortable guest experience
- Examine daily duties, assign tasks and check on progress
- Analyze customer feedback from hotel guestbook and online reviews and suggest ways to improve ratings
- Recommend local tourist spots, including places to dine, shop and sight-see
- Establish friendly relationships with regular hotel clients
- Proven work experience as a Guest Relations Manager, Hotel Manager or similar role
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws
- Hands-on experience with Hotel Management software (PMS)
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Customer service drive with outstanding communication and active listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation
- BSc degree in Hospitality Management, Tourism, Business Administration or relevant field