This Housekeeper job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include Facility Housekeeper.
Housekeeper responsibilities include:
- Performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensuring all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protecting equipment and making sure there are no inadequacies
We are looking for a professional Housekeeper able of attending to our facilities with integrity and attention to detail.
The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests that will become a critical factor in maintaining and strengthening our reputation.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Cleaner or Housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school degree
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Housekeeper do?
- Housekeepers maintain cleanliness in the work and home environment. They often find employment with hotels, but they may also work for residential facilities or individual homes.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Housekeeper?
- Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning and reporting any safety hazards to the homeowner or manager in charge. They must complete tasks like vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash cans, dusting shelves, cleaning windows, and mopping floors. Some Housekeepers change linens, wash dishes, and do light ironing and laundry.
- What makes a good Housekeeper?
- A good Housekeeper must be responsible, hard-working, trustworthy, detail-oriented, flexible, honest, and reliable. They must stand, squat, kneel, bend and be on their feet for long periods. Another quality that makes a good housekeeper is having strong communication skills and adhering to standard policies and procedures.
- Who does a Housekeeper work with?
- Housekeepers work with residential property owners, guests, and other housekeeping and maintenance staff. They often report to a Housekeeping Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor.