Use this Housekeeping Supervisor job description template to attract and hire qualified employees for your hotel or resort. You can easily customize this template for other business types, like universities and office buildings.
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Training housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Overseeing staff performance on a daily basis
- Checking rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service.
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff on a daily basis
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- High school diploma is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Housekeeping Supervisor do?
The Housekeeping Supervisor ensures that the housekeepers in their establishment are completing all tasks correctly and efficiently. They make sure product orders come through, monitor how well employees are doing, and take corrective actions when necessary to help improve performance levels across-the-board for every staff member engaged with cleaning products.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Housekeeping Supervisor?
A Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the standards of cleanliness are met. They assign tasks, inspect work to ensure it's up to standard, and provide training on how to best handle customers' requests. They maintain their inventory list in case anything needs replacing and order more supplies when needed most.
What makes a good Housekeeping Supervisor?
Successful Housekeeping Supervisors are not only skilled at developing and implementing strategies to improve the functioning of their departments but also possess excellent management skills. These individuals can ensure that operations run efficiently by following standards properly so they can keep things running smoothly within your company's facilities.
Who does a Housekeeping Supervisor work with?
Housekeeping Supervisors oversee the work of the housekeeping staff and direct all the Housekeepers on their weekly shifts and tasks. They also are a part of hiring new staff and reporting back to their company’s managers.