Wait Staff job description
This Wait staff job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company. Use this job description to hire Wait Staff for your restaurant, hotel or event facility. Similar job titles include Server and Food Server.
Wait Staff responsibilities include:
- Presenting a variety of menu options
- Advising on the best food and drink choices for each customer and answering questions
- Taking orders and delivering them to the table deftly and accurately
We are looking for professional Wait Staff to serve meals and drinks to the patrons of our business.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure customer satisfaction and augment our establishment’s reputation.
- Show customers to their seats and present our variety of menu options
- Advise on the best food and drink choices for each customer and answer questions
- Take orders and deliver them to the table deftly and accurately
- Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance to cleanliness standards
- Check the quality of the final servings and resolve any issues
- Deliver checks and accept payment
- Work with other staff as a team
- Work diligently to achieve outstanding service quality
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Server, Wait Staff Member
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers and ensure mutual satisfaction
- Customer-oriented and planning skills
- Working knowledge of cash register and any ordering information system
- Outstanding people skills
- Patient and friendly with demonstrated experience in problem solving
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma; food safety training will be a plus
Hiring Wait Staff job description
Post this Wait Staff job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.