Use this Diversity and Inclusion Manager job description template to attract and hire qualified HR professionals.
Diversity and Inclusion Manager responsibilities include:
- Designing company policies that reinforce diversity in the workplace, address all kinds of harassment and protect minority groups
- Training hiring managers and HR staff on how to select, manage, evaluate and retain diverse employees
- Revising and updating our job descriptions to ensure we use non-discriminatory language
We are looking for a Diversity and Inclusion Manager to cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees.
Diversity and Inclusion Manager responsibilities include crafting fair company policies, implementing inclusion programs and applying objective hiring procedures. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in HR and knowledge of human rights legislation.
Ultimately, you will ensure we provide equal opportunities to all candidates and employees regardless of their protected characteristics.
- Design company policies that reinforce diversity in the workplace, address all kinds of harassment and protect minority groups and women
- Train hiring managers and HR staff on how to select, manage, evaluate and retain diverse employees
- Revise and update all communication on our website, social media pages, job descriptions and internal documents to ensure we use non-discriminatory language
- Review our selection criteria to verify they’re objective and strictly job-related
- Recommend benefits packages that cater to all employees
- Measure and forecast diversity metrics
- Act as a consultant to underrepresented groups and make sure all voices are heard
- Organize trainings to boost employees’ communication abilities and team spirit
- Represent our company at various career events (like job fairs)
- Ensure compliance with state or country regulations on diversity and equity
- Work experience as an HR Manager, HR Consultant or similar role
- Hands-on experience designing company policies like anti-discrimination and equal employer opportunity
- Good knowledge of labor and human right legislation
- Participation in seminars about diversity in the workplace is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills
- BSc in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or relevant field