Use this Diversity Recruiter job description template to advertise your open roles and attract qualified HR professionals.
Diversity Recruiter responsibilities include:
- Designing company policies that promote diversity and equality
- Delivering training sessions to HR and hiring managers on how to make fair decisions
- Ensuring we use inclusive language in all hiring material
We are looking for a Diversity Recruiter to promote inclusion and reinforce a non-discriminatory mentality across the business.
Diversity Recruiter responsibilities include crafting job description with inclusive language, establishing fair policies and networking with candidates from under-represented groups. To be successful in this role, you should have prior HR experience and good knowledge of labor legislation.
Ultimately, you will help us attract and retain a diversified workforce.
- Structure processes and policies that promote diversity and support all social groups (like anti-harassment policies)
- Mentor hiring managers on how to evaluate candidates objectively
- Craft job descriptions, interview questions and other hiring material that contain non-biased language
- Establish objective, job-related employment criteria regardless of protected characteristics like age, gender and race
- Source, network with and proactively reach out to minorities, female candidates, people with disabilities or other other under-represented groups
- Keep track of diversity metrics
- Advocate for minorities and ensure equality across all business functions
- Train employees to help them embrace differences and cultivate team spirit
- Coordinate with HR to ensure benefits align with employees’ needs
- Review all communications, including our careers page and social media accounts, to ensure they’re in line with labor legislation, respect human rights and have non-discriminatory language
- Assist with building hiring plans that provide equal opportunities to all candidates, internal and external
- Work experience as a Recruiter
- Hands-on experience designing company policies like anti-discrimination and equal employment opportunity
- Knowledge of labor and human rights legislation
- Experience with various interviewing techniques
- Familiarity with online and offline sourcing (e.g. through professional networks or job fairs)
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in HR, Organizational Psychology or relevant background
- Participation in seminars and workshops around diversity in the workplace or relevant certification is a plus