This Human Resources Consultant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is a Human Resources Consultant?
A Human Resources Consultant is a qualified professional who specializes in providing HR advice, leading projects, and formulating strategic plans to address human resource matters in organizations.
What does a Human Resources Consultant do?
A Human Resources Consultant initiates and leads HR programs and projects, conducts research to identify issues, provides advice and recommendations, formulates strategic plans, and assists in recruitment, training, and management of personnel. They also help establish control systems, review processes, and stay updated with advancements in the field.
Human Resources Consultant responsibilities include:
- Initiating and leading human resource programs and projects
- Conducting research through various methods to identify a problematic situation or find the cause
- Providing advice and recommendations to HR personnel for resolution of daily issues
Hiring an HR consultant? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are seeking a qualified HR Consultant to lead and oversee various human resource projects, providing valuable advice on human capital management. Your role will involve optimizing day-to-day HR processes, including recruitment, and implementing strategic HR plans and technology solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge of human resource management, with a strong background in consulting and hands-on experience in resolving HR issues. We are looking for strategic thinkers and problem-solvers who excel in communication and have a track record of maximizing HR value.
Your primary objective will be to enhance our HR initiatives, contributing to the overall success of our organization. By leveraging your expertise, we aim to achieve efficient and effective HR operations that positively impact our business as a whole.
- Initiate and lead human resource programs and projects
- Conduct research through various methods (data collection, surveys etc.) to identify a problematic situation or find the cause
- Provide advice and recommendations to HR personnel for resolution of daily issues
- Formulate strategic and practical plans to address human resource matters
- Assist in recruiting, training and management of personnel
- Devise plans and techniques to drive change and culture management
- Assist in the development and integration of policies
- Select and implement suitable HR technology
- Help establish control systems for compliance with business methods and HR practices
- Review systems and processes and make modifications to address issues
- Refurbish knowledge of advancements in the field and present new ideas
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as hr consultant
- Experience in project management preferably HR related
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles, functions, methods and best practices
- Solid understanding of research methods and analysis
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of human resource IT (ATS, Payroll etc.)
- Ability to strategize and formulate business plans
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and consulting skills
- A team player
- BSc/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in human resources will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Human Resources Consultant do?
- A Human Resources Consultant leads HR programs, conducts research, provides advice, and formulates strategic plans to address human resource matters in organizations.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Human Resources Consultant?
- A Human Resources Consultant initiates and leads HR programs, conducts research, provides advice and recommendations, formulates strategic plans, assists in recruitment and training, and reviews systems and processes.
- What makes a good Human Resources Consultant?
- A good Human Resources Consultant has in-depth HR knowledge, consulting experience, strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, and excellent communication abilities.
- Who does a Human Resources Consultant work with?
- A Human Resources Consultant works with HR personnel, management teams, and other stakeholders within an organization.
- What skills should a Human Resources Consultant have?
- A Human Resources Consultant should have HR expertise, project management skills, knowledge of research methods, analytical abilities, HR technology proficiency, strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, and strong communication and consulting abilities.