This Cashier job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. It’s easy to customize with key cashier duties and responsibilities for your company or retail store. Similar job descriptions include Retail Manager, Retail Sales Representative and Store Manager.
- Operating the cash register and handling cash transactions with customers
- Scanning goods and collect payments
- Issuing receipts, refunds, change or tickets
Hiring a Cashier? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an accountable Cashier to process all cash transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives. Duties and responsibilities of the cashier will include greeting customers when entering or leaving our establishment, maintaining a clean and tidy checkout area and keeping reports of cash and credit transactions.
- Handle cash transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishments
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Keep reports of transactions
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Proven working experience in retail cashier or sales
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Sales skills
- High school degree