Sales Advisor Interview Questions
When you are in a retail store and feel unsure about a product or overwhelmed by the many options, who can help you? Sales advisors are the ones who will present the products’ advantages and help you make the right purchases. They may also be called sales associates.
The role is all about customer service so make a point to discover how they approach this concept. Experience may not be required if you have the time to train new hires. Focus your search on energetic people who express genuine interest in sales. You may also prefer candidates who are familiar with your products or industry as consumers, as that way they’ll be better equipped to understand the client’s needs.
Gear your interview questions towards discovering their communication skills, ability to think on their feet while staying calm and focused. Use situational questions and assess their reaction to unforeseen problems. The best among them will ask questions about your products, your goals and company.
Operational and Situational questions
- Imagine a customer asks you a question about a new product but you aren’t well informed about it yet. How do you handle it?
- Envisage you’re left alone for a while on a shift and you have a big line at the cashier. A customer comes to you and insists you help them with merchandise. What would you do?
- How would you react if a coworker was being lazy during a busy time?
- If you saw a customer steal something, what would you do?
- Imagine a customer told you they’re looking for a gift. Can you walk me through the process of closing a sale?
- Would you rather approach a client when they enter a store or wait for them to come to you?
- Do you have any experience in retail?
- Are you familiar with our products? Which one would you most enjoy selling and why?
- Do you have experience operating a cash register?
- What steps would you take to close the store?
- How do you handle stress on a busy day?
- What does excellent customer service mean to you?
- How do you feel about working with shifts?
- Recall a time you collaborated effectively in a team
- Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker? How did you resolve it?
- Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer. How did you diffuse the tension? What solution did you provide?