This Bank Teller job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Bank Teller responsibilities include:
- Conducting dozens of banks’ routine transactions within time limits and established guidelines
- Assessing customer needs and introduce new products and services
- Making sales referrals, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services
We are looking for a liable Bank Teller to process all transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be the “frontline” of our bank and will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of transactions daily, communicate with different types of clients and sell bank’s products/services.
- Conduct dozens of bank’s routine transactions within time limits and established guidelines (cash checks, accept deposits and loan payments, process withdrawals etc)
- Assess customer needs and introduce new products and services (credit cards, saving bonds etc)
- Make sales referrals, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Comply with regulatory requirements
- Manage risk in every transaction and detect fraudulent transactions to prevent losses
- Resolve customers’ issues and provide relevant information
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in banking, personal banking, retail banking or financial services
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash drawers, receipt validators, money counters)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Excellent sales skills
- BS in Finance, Banking or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Bank Teller do?
- Bank Tellers are finance and customer service professionals who assist bank patrons in completing a variety of account transactions. These trained individuals greet customers, answer questions about their products or services and help them manage their accounts.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Bank Teller?
- Bank Tellers manage customer transactions and services. They accept deposits, issue checks or savings withdrawal slips and record night banking hours for mail deposit purposes as needed to ensure the timely capture of funds from accounts at other financial institutions such as banks and credit unions.
- What makes a good Bank Teller?
- A good Bank Teller must be honest and organized as they handle large amounts of money throughout the day. They must also have excellent mathematical skills and customer service skills since they communicate directly with bank patrons.
- Who does a Bank Teller work with?
- Bank Tellers typically report to a Branch Manager for daily operations. Along with their supervisors, Bank Tellers work closely with other staff members at the bank, and they must communicate with bank patrons to complete transactions.