Branch Manager job description
A Branch Manager is a professional charged with managing the day-to-day operations of a bank or financial institution's branch. These responsibilities include developing business plans and attaining sales goals, delivering great customer care, and growing revenue through increased lending activity.
Branch Manager responsibilities include:
- Directing all operational aspects including distribution, customer service, human resources, administration and sales in accordance with the bank's objectives
- Providing training, coaching, development and motivation for bank personnel
- Developing forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
We are looking for a talented Branch Manager to assign and direct all work performed in the branch and to supervise all areas of operation. You will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operation. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
Requirements and skills
- Proven branch management experience, as a Bank Manager or similar role
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practises
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- BS in Business Administration or related field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Branch Manager do?
A Branch Manager is in charge of overseeing and coordinating all operations for a branch. They are directly responsible for hiring staff, onboarding and training new staff members, and developing goals to maintain sales performance.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Branch Manager?
Branch Managers are responsible for all operational aspects of the branch, such as distribution operations, customer service, and human resources. They assess local market conditions to identify sales opportunities and prospective new clients.
What makes a good Branch Manager?
A good Branch Manager should be proactive about networking and have strong communication skills to bring in new clients. They must also have expert analytical skills and the ability to prioritize tasks well, as they have many responsibilities.
Who does a Branch Manager work with?
Typically, a Branch Manager will work with customers and other employees at their branch, but they can also collaborate with Operations Supervisors to improve branch processes.
Hiring Branch Manager job description
Post this Branch Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.