Are you a candidate?
Crush your interview with our guide
Bank Manager Interview Questions
Bank Managers supervise daily banking operations and are responsible for maintaining high productivity levels and great customer service among employees. When hiring Bank Managers or Branch Managers, look for candidates with solid banking and financial backgrounds who can motivate employees to meet goals.
Your ideal candidate should have previous experience leading teams, as this role requires managing Bank Tellers, setting sales targets and evaluating employee performance. Keep an eye out for candidates who demonstrate excellent communication skills handling customer complaints and negotiating with key clients.
During your hiring process, ask generic bank interview questions to find candidates who can oversee banking procedures. Also, include behavioral and situational questions to gauge a candidate’s ability to juggle complex tasks, from managing a team to meeting customer needs and business objectives.
Operational and Situational questions
- How would you manage a company that is behind on its loan payments?
- What information would you use to forecast quarterly sales revenues? What additional data would you use for to forecast annual sales revenues?
- How would you assess an underperforming employee? How would you deal with the employee?
- What would you do if a customer complained about an employee’s attitude?
- What banking software systems are you familiar with?
- Walk me through your process of approving or rejecting a loan request.
- What employee performance metrics have you used? Why?
- What sector would you currently choose to invest in and why?
- What is your greatest professional accomplishment so far?
- Have you experienced conflicts on your team? How did you handle them?
- Describe a time when your team failed to reach its goals. What did you learn? How did you motivate your team members?
- Have you ever faced an ethical dilemma at work? How did you handle it?