This Personal Banker job description is optimized for posting to online job boards and careers pages. Feel free to customize this template to meet your company’s needs.
Personal Banker responsibilities include:
- Help customers open and manage their bank accounts and finances
- Advise clients on financial services and resolve issues
- Reach out to prospective customers to sell our services
We are looking for a personal banker to assist our customers in managing their bank accounts and finances. You’ll be responsible for building long-term relationships with clients and cross-selling them our products and services.
Personal bankers should be excellent communicators with solid knowledge of banking processes and products. Sales and customer service experience can help you succeed in this role. The ideal candidate is bold and ethical, and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Advise customers on bank services for their needs (e.g. loans and credit cards)
- Manage customer bank accounts; open, close and oversee transactions
- Resolve issues with banking services and accounts
- Refer clients to inhouse financial experts, as needed
- Reach out to potential customers to generate new business
- Present financial products and services to existing and prospective customers
- Perform administrative duties (e.g. entering data into banking software)
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a personal banker; experience in sales or customer service is a plus
- Knowledge of personal banking practices and regulations
- Familiarity with banking software; excellent use of MS Office
- Ability to work diligently to meet targets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Customer-oriented approach to handling problems
- BSc/BA in Finance, Accounting or similar field preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Personal Banker do?
- Personal bankers are responsible for assisting their customers with any financial needs. They process applications and verify account details, helping the client achieve his or her goals in life through sound guidance on money management principles that will work best for them.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Personal Banker?
- A Personal Banker is responsible for their clients' financial well-being and needs to weigh the risks of potential investments. They provide sound advice that their clients can rely on when making important decisions with their finances. They help customers open checking and savings accounts, and assist clients in getting credit cards or loans for their businesses. They also maintain customer relationships by helping resolve disputes when needed.
- What makes a good Personal Banker?
- An effective Personal Banker will build a continued trustworthy relationship with their clients. Therefore, they need to have strong customer service skills as well as good problem-solving abilities under challenging circumstances. They will also need clear communication to adapt solutions for different needs on behalf of their clients.
- Who does a Personal Banker work with?
- Personal bankers are the first point of contact for potential customers, helping them through every step of opening an account. In addition, they work closely with banks and other organizations such as mutual funds or private wealth management firms, through a Financial Advisor, to ensure that clients have access to their desired services in one convenient place.