We’re looking for a competent Teacher Assistant to help our lead Teachers in educating our students. You’ll get to work with children of various ages and educational needs, while learning how to craft effective lesson plans and organize classrooms.
As a Teacher Assistant, you’ll be responsible for individual students – or smaller groups of students – who need assistance to absorb the lesson material. You’ll work with the lead Teacher to build plans for class and you’ll also help them with record-keeping.
To do this job well, you should be smart and patient with a positive attitude. If you’re ready to develop yourself in the world of teaching and do some real good for our students, we’d like to meet you.
- Help teachers prepare lesson plans
- Set up necessary material for classes (e.g. projectors, chemistry sets)
- Track student attendance and class schedules
- Review material taught in class with individual students with learning challenges
- Work with smaller groups of students for remedial teaching or reinforcing the learning process
- Escort and supervise students in field trips and school activities
- Make sure classrooms are safe and tidy before classes start
- Assist teachers with various tasks, like grading assignments and informing parents of their children’s progress
- Help students adjust, learn and socialize and report to teachers about possible behavioral issues
- Experience as a Teacher Assistant
- Familiarity with school administrative tasks and learning methods
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Cool-tempered and positive attitude
- Firm but kind personality
- A love for teaching and the ability to build a trusting relationship with students, teachers and parents
- College or associate’s degree is preferred