This Teacher job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Teacher responsibilities include:
- Presenting lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Providing individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Creating and distributing educational content
We are looking for a committed Teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Knowledge of CPR
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education;
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Teacher do?
- Teachers plan and prepare lessons for their students while encouraging class discussions. They also encourage outside activities like sports or clubs.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Teacher?
- A Teacher is responsible for preparing lessons and educating students at all levels. These preparations include assigning homework assignments that will help them learn more about what they're studying throughout each unit. They also document progress, which could mean anything from tracking student growth over specific years to keeping records such as art projects.
- What makes a Good Teacher?
- Qualities of a Good Teacher include having great communication and listening skills. Additionally, effective teachers should share their knowledge with others by being adaptable and showing empathy toward all learners.
- Who does a Teacher work with?
- In some situations, a Teacher may work alongside a Special Education Teacher to plan how the Special Education student can meet the goals outlined in their IEP.