We are looking for a Substitute Teacher to teach classes on a temporary and long-term basis.
In this role, you will follow the curriculum as provided by the principal or the absent teacher, assign homework and oversee attendance. You will also provide guidelines to students, grade their assignments and keep track of their progress.
Ultimately, you will help us run our classes smoothly and promote effective learning and development.
- Study and follow the curriculum and lesson plan as provided by the absent teacher or the principal
- Apply various teaching techniques (including interactive methods and game-based activities) to encourage participation and facilitate learning
- Prepare educational materials, such as notes, exercises and additional resources
- Assign classwork and homework
- Take attendance according to school policy
- Grade students’ assignments and provide constructive feedback
- Keep track of students’ progress and write down information that’ll be useful to the regular teacher
- Report any incidents regarding students’ behavior in and out of the classroom
- Maintain a tidy and safe class environment for students
- Oversee school equipment and ensure students use it properly
- Previous experience as a part-time or full-time Teacher
- Additional experience working with children is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of learning techniques and teaching methods
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to remain patient and approachable while also maintaining an orderly classroom
- Great organizational skills
- BSc in Education or other degree in Teaching