This Strategic Planner job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is a Strategic Planner?
A Strategic Planner is a professional who is responsible for shaping the overall business strategy of a company, developing strategic plans, and assessing company performance to achieve business objectives.
What does a Strategic Planner do?
A Strategic Planner develops and implements plans to materialize the company’s strategy, conducts research and data analysis to inform business decisions, and aligns department goals with the overall strategy. They also monitor industry trends, provide insights into organizational changes, and support senior executives in making effective decisions.
Strategic Planner responsibilities include:
- Shaping the company’s overall business strategy
- Developing strategic plans and assessing company performance
- Conducting research and data analysis to inform business decisions
We are seeking a Strategic Planner to shape our company’s direction and create plans to achieve our business objectives.
You will play a crucial role in maintaining our competitive edge and effectively allocating resources.
Strategic thinking is a vital skill required for this position, along with strong analytical and organizational abilities.
Your contributions will be instrumental in guiding our company through changes, fostering growth, and ensuring long-term success.
As a Strategic Planner, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our company’s strategic decisions and drive our business forward.
Join our team and be a key player in shaping our future.
- Understand and shape the company’s strategy and mission
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze business proposals
- Research competition to identify threats and opportunities
- Assess the company’s operational and strategic performance
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy
- Provide support and insight into significant organizational changes (e.g. shift in strategic focus, mergers and acquisitions)
- Educate senior executives in making effective decisions
- Construct forecasts and analytical models
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Strategic Planner or Business Consultant
- Understanding of market research and data analysis
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures
- Demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or a related field; MSc/MA/MBA is a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Strategic Planner do?
- A Strategic Planner shapes the company's business strategy, develops plans, and conducts research to inform decision-making.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Strategic Planner?
- The duties of a Strategic Planner include defining the company's direction, developing strategic plans, assessing performance, aligning goals, and supporting organizational changes.
- What makes a good Strategic Planner?
- A good Strategic Planner possesses strategic thinking abilities, analytical skills, organizational and leadership qualities, and effective communication skills.
- Who does a Strategic Planner work with?
- A Strategic Planner collaborates with senior executives, department heads, and cross-functional teams to align processes and resources with the overall strategy.
- What skills should a Strategic Planner have?
- A Strategic Planner should have experience in strategic planning, market research, data analysis, and a strong understanding of business operations and procedures. Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills are also essential.