Post this Sourcing Specialist job description template to online job boards and careers pages to attract qualified candidates for your HR department.
Sourcing Specialist responsibilities include:
- Using social media networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) to look for and connect with potential candidates.
- Interacting with professionals in niche platforms, like Github and Behance.
- Reviewing online portfolios and resumes to pre-screen candidates.
We are looking for a Sourcing Specialist to support our recruiting team and help us place qualified candidates faster.
Sourcing Specialist responsibilities include searching social networks and portfolio sites to identify potential candidates, sending recruiting emails and organizing an effective employee referral system. To be successful in this role, you should combine knowledge of sourcing techniques with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for building a strong talent pipeline for our company’s current and future staffing needs.
- Use social media networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) to look for and connect with potential candidates
- Interact with professionals on niche platforms, like Github and Behance
- Review online portfolios and resumes to pre-screen candidates
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify each position’s requirements
- Send recruiting emails and follow up with candidates
- Ask for referrals from internal and external networks for hard-to-fill roles
- Contact past applicants for new job opportunities
- Develop a network of potential candidates and industry professionals
- Log candidate information in our Applicant Tracking System and other internal databases
- Identify future hiring needs and proactively source potential hires
- Measure and report on recruiting metrics, like source of hire and time-to-fill
- Proven work experience as a Sourcing Specialist, Sourcer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and other Human Resources Management software
- Familiarity with social networks, professional sites and resume databases
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (particularly business email writing knowledge)
- Good time-management skills with the ability to handle various open positions simultaneously
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field