This Sales Support Specialist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is a Sales Support Specialist?
A Sales Support Specialist is a professional who provides assistance and support to the sales team by responding to customer inquiries, processing orders, and maintaining sales-related databases. They play a crucial role in ensuring smooth sales operations and customer satisfaction.
What does a Sales Support Specialist do?
A Sales Support Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting customer issues, providing data and guidance to the sales team, managing sales tracking tools, and analyzing sales trends. They liaise with account managers, stay updated on product launches, and suggest sales process improvements. Their primary focus is to support the sales team and enhance customer relationships.
Sales Support Specialist responsibilities include:
- Providing troubleshooting assistance for customer orders, account statuses and relevant problems
- Providing data and guides to help the sales team
- Developing and monitoring performance indicators
We are seeking a highly qualified Sales Support Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will play a critical part in providing valuable support to our sales representatives and effectively responding to customer and prospect queries.
The ideal candidate should possess extensive experience in sales and customer service, with a deep understanding of best practices in both areas. You should have the ability to analyze and interpret sales metrics, demonstrating a goal-oriented mindset. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this role.
By utilizing your expertise, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of positive customer relationships, while ensuring the smooth operation of our sales team. Join us and make a significant impact on our sales efforts and overall business success.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for customer orders, account statuses and relevant problems
- Provide data and guides to help the sales team
- Develop and monitor performance indicators
- Manage sales tracking tools and report on important information
- Keep record of sales trends
- Liaise with account managers to develop specific sales strategies
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches and ensure sales team is on board
- Review pending orders and specific customers requests to ensure excellent customer service and customer experience
- Suggest sales process improvements
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Sales support specialist or Sales support associate
- Hands on experience with ERP and CRM systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
- In-depth understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- BS degree in Marketing or associates degree in relevant field a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Sales Support Specialist do?
- The Sales Support Specialist ensures that all orders are processed in a timely manner. This includes responding to customer complaints and queries while also performing administrative tasks such as researching new products or strategies for the company’s success; it will help win more deals.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Sales Support Specialist?
- A Sales Support Specialist is responsible for answering customer inquiries and scheduling meetings with customers about their order status. They will also compile a daily list of leads assigned by management to the appropriate sales department members who become qualified prospects from these interactions and follow up on those contacts according to established timelines. They will also record trends/analogous data sets based on past successes in order to create more accurate forecasts so their company is able offer better service going forward.
- What makes a good Sales Support Specialist?
- A good Sales Support Specialist has the ability to multitask, analyze data in an instant, and make decisions quickly. They also have excellent verbal and written communication skills so their team can easily understand what they need to do.
- Who does a Sales Support Specialist work with?
- A Sales Support Specialist’s job entails working closely with colleagues within other departments, like marketing. They're often able to take advantage of all those opportunities offered by cross-team collaboration - such as joint training events between teams where attendees teach others their specialty. They work specifically with the Sales Administrator.