Sales Support Specialist responsibilities include:
- Providing troubleshooting assistance for customer orders, account statuses and relevant problems
- Providing data and guides to help the sales team
- Developing and monitoring performance indicators
We are looking for a qualified Sales support specialist to join our team. You will provide support to sales representatives and respond to customer and prospect queries.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with knowledge of sales and customer service best practices. You should also be able to interpret sales metrics and be goal-oriented. We expect you to perform well in a team environment and have exceptional people skills.
Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to creating and maintaining good customer relationships and ensuring smooth sales team operations.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for customer orders, account statuses and relevant problems
- Provide data and guides to help the sales team
- Develop and monitor performance indicators
- Manage sales tracking tools and report on important information
- Keep record of sales trends
- Liaise with account managers to develop specific sales strategies
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches and ensure sales team is on board
- Review pending orders and specific customers requests to ensure excellent customer service and customer experience
- Suggest sales process improvements
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Sales support specialist or Sales support associate
- Hands on experience with ERP and CRM systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
- In-depth understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- BS degree in Marketing or associates degree in relevant field a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Sales Support Specialist do?
The Sales Support Specialist ensures that all orders are processed in a timely manner. This includes responding to customer complaints and queries while also performing administrative tasks such as researching new products or strategies for the company’s success; it will help win more deals.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Sales Support Specialist?
A Sales Support Specialist is responsible for answering customer inquiries and scheduling meetings with customers about their order status. They will also compile a daily list of leads assigned by management to the appropriate sales department members who become qualified prospects from these interactions and follow up on those contacts according to established timelines. They will also record trends/analogous data sets based on past successes in order to create more accurate forecasts so their company is able offer better service going forward.
What makes a good Sales Support Specialist?
A good Sales Support Specialist has the ability to multitask, analyze data in an instant, and make decisions quickly. They also have excellent verbal and written communication skills so their team can easily understand what they need to do.
Who does a Sales Support Specialist work with?
A Sales Support Specialist’s job entails working closely with colleagues within other departments, like marketing. They're often able to take advantage of all those opportunities offered by cross-team collaboration - such as joint training events between teams where attendees teach others their specialty. They work specifically with the Sales Administrator.