This is a Purchasing Assistant job description template to help you attract and hire qualified candidates. For more senior-level roles, check our Purchasing Manager job description.
Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include:
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs
- Researching potential vendors
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to order supplies and equipment based on our company’s needs.
Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts.) If you’re familiar with supply chain procedures and know how to create and translate cost analyses, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Research potential vendors
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software (e.g. Procurify or SpendMap)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field