This Logistics Coordinator job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages. It’s easy to customize with key responsibilities when hiring for a logistics or supply chain role at your company. Similar job titles include Supply Chain Coordinator.
Logistics Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and monitoring supply chain operations
- Ensuring premises, assets and communications are used effectively
- Utilizing logistics IT to optimize shipping and transport procedures
We are looking for a competent Logistics Coordinator to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of our company. You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
A great asset for a Logistics Coordinator is their communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach.
The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations
- Ensure premises, assets and communication ways are used effectively
- Utilize logistics IT to optimize procedures
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availabilities and requirements
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of raw materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as logistics coordinator
- Experience in customer service will be appreciated
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Logistics Coordinator do?
- The logistics coordinator helps a company store products in an efficient manner and get them out the door quickly. They work with suppliers to ensure their goods are ready when they need them and oversee transportation from one location or place of business to another or a customer.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Logistics Coordinator?
- A Logistics Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of supply chain management, ensuring the flow of raw materials and final products from suppliers to retailers and customers. They also manage orders and coordinate stock of materials and equipment to ensure the company has everything needed.
- What makes a good Logistics Coordinator?
- A good Logistics Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills due to frequently talking to customers via phone or email. Also, strong interpersonal skills are necessary to interact with various roles within the warehouse daily. Problem-solving, critical thinking and being computer-savvy are crucial skills for a strong Logistics Coordinator.
- Who does a Logistics Coordinator work with?
- The Logistics Coordinator works with employees who work in a supply chain warehouse, including warehouse workers, inventory clerks and delivery drivers. Depending on the company, they typically report to the Logistics Manager, Production Manager, Production Manager or Operation Manager.