This Supply Chain Analyst job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include SCM Analyst, Logistics Analyst, Supply Chain Business Analyst, Supply Chain Planner.
Supply Chain Analyst Responsibilities include:
- Collecting and analyzing supply chain data
- Recommending improvements to boost performance and reduce costs
- Coordinating with other professionals to implement changes and new systems
We are looking for a Supply Chain Analyst to conduct data analysis to improve our supply chain operations. Your job will help us increase efficiency and reduce costs.
In this role, you should have an analytical mind and a strong business acumen. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential. If you also have experience in logistics and supply chain processes, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to help our supply chain run as smoothly and profitably as possible.
- Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvements
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (e.g. warehouse-slotting, route planning)
- Develop requirements and standards (e.g. packaging, procurement, delivery)
- Oversee inventory procedures
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Evaluate vendor operations (e.g. freight forwarders) according to quality standards
- Help foster trusting relationships with business partners
- Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain Analyst, Logistics Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- BSc/BA in Logistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics or a related field