This Logistics Manager job description template is optimized for posting a logistics job description in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Logistics Manager responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
Hiring a Logistics Manager? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a reliable Logistics Manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. Logistics Manager responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
Frequently asked questions
What does a Logistics Manager do?
Logistics Managers handle the movement and storage of supplies in a company. They plan routes to reduce costs while processing shipments to achieve budget goals efficiently.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Logistics Manager?
A Logistics Manager is responsible for the distribution, movement and storage of a company's supplies. Their primary duties include reviewing budgets as well as processing shipments.
What makes a good Logistics Manager?
A good Logistics Manager should have strong mathematical skills since they need to track many items across their organization. When something changes in the market or other companies announce new product lines, they won't be surprised. Flexibility is also essential because things products and processes can change and evolve quickly.
Who does a Logistics Manager work with?
A Logistics Manager typically supervises a team of Logistics Coordinators, who oversee the general supply-chain processes occurring within a company and are given updates and information via the Manager.