Warehouse Supervisor interview questions and answers
This Warehouse Supervisor interview profile brings together a snapshot of what to look for in candidates with a balanced sample of suitable interview questions.
Are you a candidate?Crush your interview with our guide
Warehouse Supervisor Interview Questions
The Warehouse Supervisor is chiefly responsible for overseeing and coordinating daily warehouse activities. This includes monitoring staff performance (including warehouse workers and warehouse assistants), maintaining accurate inventory records, and interfacing with customers as needed.
During your interviews, you’ll be keeping an eye out for candidates with excellent interpersonal skills and a knack for delegating tasks. The best warehouse supervisors are organized, detail-oriented, and communicative. They must enjoy interacting with others and be willing to pitch in wherever they are needed.
Use the following open-ended, behavioral, and situational questions to evaluate their experience in supply chain management and logistics. Great candidates will come prepared with questions tailored to your facility and will have smart, spontaneous questions of their own to ask.
Operational and Situational questions
- What interests you about working at our facility?
- How you stay updated on your professional and technical knowledge?
- How many employees did you supervise at your previous position?
- What were your responsibilities at your previous facility?
- How would you ensure the accuracy of shipment and inventory transactions?
- What warehouse software packages have you used before?
- What’s the most challenging aspect of managing warehouse staff?
- Describe a time you delivered bad news to your team. How did you handle it?
- Describe a time you had to resolve an unexpected problem.
- What’s your approach to giving constructive feedback?
- Describe a time you made a colleague feel important.
- If you delegated a task, and a colleague refused to do it, what would you do?
- What would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing products?
- Describe a time you led a group project. What was the goal? What was the outcome?
- What metrics do you use to measure the performance of your team?
- Have you ever suggested a way to cut costs, increase revenue, or improve efficiency?
- Talk about the last time you performed a task that was not in your job description.