Warehouse Assistant Interview Questions
The Warehouse Assistant role includes lifting and storing products, scanning orders and tracking inventory. Candidates should understand the supply chain management process and be familiar with basic warehouse activities.
This job involves lifting and carrying heavy packages. In your interview process, ask candidates about their abilities to operate power tools, hand tools and heavy machinery. It’s also important for all warehouse workers to understand and follow safety rules.
The following examples of Warehouse Assistant interview questions will help you identify candidates who perform in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism. Although this is an entry-level role, you should choose candidates who are able to work with minimum supervision.
Operational and Situational questions
- If you discovered that a colleague was stealing products from the warehouse, would you inform your manager or discuss with the colleague first? Why?
- How would you cope with difficult weather conditions?
- If there was a delay in a shipping, how would you inform your manager and/or the customer?
- If you had to use a new tool and there was no one around to show you how, what would you do?
- How much experience do you have using hand tools and heavy machinery?
- Are you certified to use a forklift?
- In which cases do you use a forklift instead of a pallet jack?
- What are the pros and cons of manual inventory tracking?
- What’s your familiarity with scanners and similar electronic devices?
- What is the safest way to lift a heavy box?
- What precautions do you take for packages labeled “fragile”?
- How do you ensure products aren’t lost or damaged during shipments?
- Describe a time you made a mistake at work. What was the mistake and how did you handle it?
- Tracking inventory can be a repetitive task. What motivates you to do your best?
- Describe a situation where your team disagreed. What was the disagreement, and what did you do?
- Have you ever received positive feedback from your manager? What was the situation?