Warehouse Worker job description
A Warehouse Worker is a professional who is an integral part of any business that stores and processes orders or products. They oversee receiving and processing of incoming stock, picking orders from the warehouse stock and managing them.
This Warehouse Worker job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Warehouse Worker responsibilities include:
- Preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule
- Receiving and processing warehouse stock products
- Performing warehouse inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits
Hiring a Warehouse Worker? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a Warehouse Worker to participate in our warehouse operations and activities. Warehouse Worker responsibilities include storing materials, picking, packing and scanning orders. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
- Complete diary logs into inventory
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Warehouse Worker
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Current forklift licence
- High school degree
Frequently asked questions
What does a Warehouse Worker do?
A Warehouse Worker prepares and receives orders as well as moves, stocks, scans and records product inventory. They can work internally for a company or outside company to help ensure the delivery of products to customers or businesses.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Worker?
A Warehouse Worker is responsible for varied daily tasks such as restocking shelves, accepting incoming orders, processing and packing orders, counting inventory and ensuring orders are shipped in a timely manner.
What makes a good Warehouse Worker?
A good Warehouse Worker should be able to work in a team environment and have a great work ethic. The ideal skills are the ability to coordinate, organize and plan. Being dependable with excellent time management and documentation skills is a huge asset. Some warehouses require knowledge of operating a forklift.
Who does a Warehouse Worker work with?
A Warehouse Worker interacts and collaborates with other warehouse staff on a daily basis and reports to the Warehouse Manager or Foreman.
Hiring Warehouse Worker job description
Post this Warehouse Worker job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.