This Warehouse Associate job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Warehouse Associate responsibilities include:
- Processing, packaging and shipping orders accurately
- Organizing stocks and maintaining inventory
- Inspecting products for defects and damages
We are looking for a capable Warehouse Associate to support our company’s warehouse operations. You will receive, input, sort, load and unload products and you will perform various warehouse activities.
- Process, package and ship orders accurately
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Examine ingoing and outgoing shipments
- Organize warehouse space
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Check, verify and fill customer invoices
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Keep warehouse clean and organised daily
Requirements and skills
- Proven warehouse experience
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Adequate knowledge of warehouse data system
- Team player with organisational skills
- Ability to lift or move heavy products
- High school diploma
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Warehouse Associate do?
- A Warehouse Associate receives and processes incoming inventory. They also manage and organize products according to store policy to ensure the availability of customers’ requested items. These essential skills also help employees easily find what they need.
A Warehouse Associate can also load and unload trucks and move inventory within the facility. This calls for carrying and pushing heavy weight by operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors or other heavy machinery.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Associate?
- A Warehouse Associate welcomes delivery trucks, receives and tracks shipments using the appropriate tools and communicates with other team members. In addition, they are responsible for handling merchandise with care while entering data into software programs such as an inventory and/or record-keeping system.
- What makes a good Warehouse Associate?
- A Warehouse Associate has to work well with others to keep things running smoothly. They should manage time effectively by using the right documentation to know how much inventory there is on hand at any given moment. To be a successful Warehouse Associate, one has to be a team player and problem solver.
- Who does a Warehouse Associate work with?
- A Warehouse Associate interacts with different team members regularly to ensure products and inventory are moved and is accounted for. In addition, they work closely with a Warehouse Supervisor to streamline production and assure the quality of goods.