Payroll Officer responsibilities include:
- Collecting daily, weekly or monthly timesheets
- Calculating bonuses and allowances
- Preparing employees’ compensation by the end of each month using payroll software
We are looking for a Payroll Officer to join our HR department and administer our employee compensation.
Payroll Officer responsibilities include calculating employees’ compensation, updating our internal payroll databases and ensuring timely payments. To be successful in this role, you should have a flair for numbers and be able to handle sensitive information. If you’re also familiar with labor legislation, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help run a smooth and accurate payroll process.
- Collect daily, weekly or monthly timesheets
- Calculate bonuses and allowances
- Prepare employees’ compensation by the end of each month using payroll software
- Schedule bank payments or hand out paychecks directly to employees
- Distribute payment statements and gather signed receipts (digital or paper)
- Report on payroll expenses
- Ensure wages and tax withholdings comply with regulations
- Enter new employees’ data (e.g. bank accounts and tax identification numbers) into internal databases
- Answer questions about compensation, benefits, taxes and insurance deductions
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk or similar role
- Hands-on experience with HRIS and accounting software
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Time-management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- BSc in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field