Medical Secretary responsibilities include:
- Receiving and assisting patients
- Maintaining medical and insurance records
- Handling communications and calendars
We are looking for a Medical Secretary to support our medical office. Patients, visitors and medical staff will turn to you for information and help with administrative issues.
Our medical secretary should be efficient and well-spoken with experience running a medical office. If you are patient, computer-savvy and can multitask, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to ensure the smooth workflow of our medical facilities, so that our patients receive the best possible care.
- Receive and assist patients as needed
- Type medical documents (e.g. physician dictations and patient charts)
- Maintain detailed patient and medical records
- Manage office communications (e.g. phone, correspondence)
- Schedule medical appointments
- Work with insurance companies to process claims
- Process invoices, bills and payments
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proven experience as a medical secretary or similar administrative position
- Knowledge of medical terminology, regulations and medical office procedures; knowledge of medical coding is strongly desired
- Experience processing insurance claims
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping
- Knowledge of MS Office, databases and EHR systems
- Outstanding communication skills
- Patience and discretion
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- High school diploma; additional training in Medical Administration is a plus