This Healthcare Administrator job description template will help you attract qualified candidates for healthcare and medical administration roles. Feel free to add specific duties to this template to meet your company needs.
Healthcare Administrator responsibilities include:
- Monitoring budgets and preparing reports
- Maintaining medical and staff records
- Tracking medical and office supplies
We are looking for a responsible Healthcare Administrator to coordinate our medical services.
For this role, you should understand healthcare regulations and be able to handle medical information discretely. Healthcare Administration duties include budgeting, ordering medical supplies and maintaining employee records. Our ideal candidate has previous experience as a Healthcare Administrator and is able to complete administrative tasks accurately, and in a timely manner.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our medical facility runs efficiently and profitably.
- Monitor budgets and prepare reports
- Maintain medical and staff records
- Track medical and office supplies stock
- Update patient health records, including admissions and insurance data
- Create work schedules for staff members
- Keep records of expenses and suggest ways to minimize costs
- Answer queries from doctors, nurses and patients
- Liaise with medical staff to identify efficiencies in the facility’s operations
- Ensure compliance with current healthcare regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Healthcare Administrator, Medical Office Manager or relevant role
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical law
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Experience with administrative and accounting procedures
- Familiarity with databases and spreadsheets (especially MS Excel)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Communication skills with a problem-solving attitude
- BS degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration, with a qualification in healthcare
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Healthcare Administrator do?
- Healthcare Administrators help shape policy and make changes to improve the healthcare system of a hospital or office. They manage staff and patient care and experience while overseeing the financial health of the company or facility.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Healthcare Administrator?
- A Healthcare Administrator is responsible for creating employee schedules, monitoring budgets, ensuring compliance with state laws and regulations, and maintaining patient records. They coordinate with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to identify issues and needs and work to solve them.
- What makes a good Healthcare Administrator?
- A good Healthcare Administrator has to solve all kinds of problems, and it is essential to have logical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities. They also should have excellent leadership and management skills to empower and inspire their employees to provide the best care for patients possible.
- Who does a Healthcare Administrator work with?
- Healthcare Administrators work in various offices such as hospitals, medical laboratories, and private doctor offices. They can also work with insurance companies, government agencies, and pharmaceutical companies. Due to the varied options, Healthcare Administrators can work as Hospital Administrator and Human Resources to Hospital Chief Executive Officers.