This Medical Administrative Assistant job description template lists all essential responsibilities and skills to help you attract the best medical assistants to help manage your medical facility. Similar job titles include Hospital Administrative Assistant.
We are looking for a Medical administrative assistant to organize our medical facility’s functions. You will support day-to-day operations by performing administrative tasks and ensuring high quality customer service for our patients.
As a Medical administrative assistant, you will perform various tasks on a daily basis. So, you should be able to multitask and prioritize. We also expect you to handle sensitive information confidentially. If you are able to combine exceptional communication skills with an ability to perform ‘behind the scenes’ tasks, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our medical facility’s smooth operation by accurately completing administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Interview patients for case histories prior to appointments
- Update and maintain patients’ health records
- Assist patients with initial paperwork
- Schedule and coordinate appointments
- Process insurance claims in compliance with law requirements
- Use medical software to support all transactions
- Manage receivable and payable accounts and maintain financial records
- Answer patients’ queries and ensure quality customer service
- Collaborate with doctors and nurses to help with medical examinations, schedule tests and order supplies
- Ensure compliance with procedures
- Keep up-to-date with changes in medical and insurance legislation
- Proven work experience as a Medical administrative assistant
- Hands on experience with medical software and MS Office
- Knowledge of healthcare operations
- Familiarity with medical and insurance legislation
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented communication skills
- High school diploma; certification in medical administration is a plus