Media Director job description
This Media Director job description template will help you attract qualified candidates with marketing and communication skills. Modify this template with additional requirements to meet your company’s needs.
Media Director responsibilities include:
- Determining the best media outlet mix for promotional strategies
- Monitoring online and offline ad campaigns (e.g. on radio, TV, websites, magazines and billboards)
- Regularly reporting advertising campaign results (including revenues and costs)
We are looking for an experienced Media Director to design and implement advertising campaigns that promote our company.
If you have previous Marketing experience building effective promotional strategies, we would like to meet you. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with different media types, from offline advertising sites (like magazine and billboards) to digital channels.
Ultimately, you should increase the public’s interest in our products/services through thoughtful media campaigns and ensure our advertising costs are within budget.
- Determine the best media outlet mix for promotional strategies
- Monitor online and offline ad campaigns (e.g. on radio, TV, websites, magazines and billboards)
- Regularly report advertising campaign results (including revenues and costs)
- Optimize advertising strategies for varying audiences and channels
- Design and review advertising budgets in collaboration with the Marketing Director
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals
- Prepare additional promotional projects to support new product launches
- Create new campaigns to reach a broader audience
- Ensure a cohesive advertising message across campaigns
- Build long-term relationships with media influencers to promote our brand
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Media Director, Media Planner or similar role
- Knowledge of different types of media channels
- Demonstrable experience with building effective advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with digital marketing
- Working knowledge of analytics tools (e.g. GfK MRI, Moat and Nielsen IMS)
- Experience with budget planning and KPIs
- Ability to manage and combine data
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Marketing, Business Administration or similar field
Hiring Media Director job description
Post this Media Director job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.