This Media Assistant job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Media Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Help build rapport with clients and media outlets
- Assisting in implementing, monitoring and troubleshooting media projects
We are looking for a Media Assistant to provide administrative support to our media operations. You’ll track advertising projects from start to finish to ensure efficiency and accurate record-keeping.
In this role, you should be well-organized with strong research skills and an eye for detail. If you’re also familiar with media-buying and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we’d like to meet you.
- Help media buyers and planners develop, execute and monitor media plans
- Prepare reports, letters and other paperwork
- Proofread and revise contracts and agreements
- Create and monitor media schedules
- Ensure billing procedures run smoothly
- Conduct research to collect useful media data (e.g. Nielsen ratings)
- Resolve issues and help build strong relationships with media outlets
- Take on buying tasks as assigned by the Media Buyer
- Proven experience as a Media Assistant or other administrative role
- Experience in digital advertising is a plus
- Familiarity with media planning and buying
- Proficient in MS Office; experience with media analytics software (e.g. comScore) preferred
- Good research skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines under minimal supervision
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Advertising or similar field