Media Buyer responsibilities include:
- Developing effective media buying strategies
- Negotiating ad space and time slots with various media outlets
- Participating in media planning to identify target audiences and craft effective campaigns
We are looking for a Media Buyer to negotiate and buy advertising inventory for clients. You will ensure that ads reach target audiences through high-quality channels at the lowest possible prices.
In this role, you should be an effective negotiator, critical thinker and able to establish trust and build rapport with clients and media professionals. If you’re knowledgeable about current media channels and advertising options, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to optimize ad exposure and outdo competition while staying within budgets.
- Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns
- Compare and negotiate rates, ad space and airtime
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Prepare schedules and adjust when needed
- Experiment with new platforms and channels
- Ensure ads are creative and displayed appropriately
- Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
- Report to clients and build long-term relationships
- Proven experience as Media Buyer or similar role; experience in digital media is preferred
- Familiarity with media-buying, planning and research
- Interest in following advertising and media trends
- Working knowledge of media analytics software (e.g. comScore)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Advertising or related field