These sample PPC (Pay Per Click) Manager interview questions will help you identify qualified candidates for roles within your Marketing department.
PPC (Pay Per Click) Manager Interview Questions
PPC (Pay Per Click) Managers run paid ad campaigns and ensure online marketing efforts have the highest possible return on investment (ROI.)
Candidates for this role should have experience driving traffic and leads through successful AdWords campaigns. They should also be expert users of analytics tools, like Tableau and Google Analytics. Keep an eye out for people with a Marketing degree and additional certifications in Digital Media, SEO/SEM or AdWords.
To assess candidates’ skills, ask them to describe past projects. The most qualified ones will mention specific tools and techniques they used, and be able to speak in detail about their successes. They’ll also use numbers to demonstrate the results they achieved. If this position requires managing a team, add questions that evaluate candidates’ leadership skills.
Operational and Situational questions
- What metrics would show you that an online campaign failed?
- What SEO techniques (e.g. keyword planning) would you use to increase conversion rates?
- What features would you add to build an effective PPC landing page? (e.g. CTA, images, tagline)
- If you saw a significant drop in weekly rankings, what would you check first?
- What campaigns would you prioritize if we had to cut our budget by one-third?
- What analytics tools do you use?
- What is quality score in Google AdWords?
- How do you detect click fraud?
- How do you calculate click-through rate (CTR) and what is its use?
- How do you determine which terms to bid on?
- Describe an effective social media campaign. How was it different from other digital marketing efforts you worked on?
- What’s your most successful PPC campaign so far? What results did you achieve?
- Explain how you’ve implemented Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) techniques to improve a campaign’s performance.
- Describe a time you worked with a team to create a campaign on a tight budget.
- How do you stay up-to-date with SEM/SEO trends?
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial