This Marketing intern job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or university careers pages and can help you clarify the duties required to attract the best candidates.
Marketing Intern responsibilities include:
- Collecting quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Performing market analysis and research on competition
- Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and advertising team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organize marketing events
Requirements and skills
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters degree
Frequently asked questions
What does a Marketing Intern do?
Marketing Interns are responsible for helping the Marketing Manager with various tasks such as preparing marketing proposals and surveying customers. They also research consumer opinions on different topics, determining how those trends may impact their company's business strategy. They will monitor social media platforms that can influence public opinion about products their company makes.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Marketing Intern?
A Marketing Intern is responsible for measuring consumer satisfaction with products and services, developing tools to collect data or conduct surveys/opinion polls, then analyzing it according to trends. They help determine what's working well and provide insights into future industry plans through research conclusions drawn from their data analysis.
What makes a good Marketing Intern?
A good Marketing Intern is hungry to learn; a driven professional who can communicate effectively both verbally and written. They are also well-versed in the latest technology, have an understanding of different programs and software that are available today for marketers.
Who does a Marketing Intern work with?
Interns can be involved in all aspects of marketing, from planning and development stages right through execution. They work closely with various teams and individuals within their organization, such as a Public Relations Intern, to help create campaigns that will ultimately bring in more customers.