Are you a candidate?
Crush your interview with our guide
Marketing Assistant Interview Questions
The role of a Marketing Assistant may differ from company to company. In most cases, however, this is a support role for someone who is willing to pitch in wherever they are needed in the department. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical. Quantitative analysis and comfort with reading, compiling, and presenting data is also useful. Most importantly, you’ll want someone with the attitude that no job is too small. They must have a willingness to get their hands dirty and to be a sponge when it comes to learning.
These interview questions for a marketing assistant assume that you’re looking for a candidate with a solid grasp of current marketing techniques. Marketing is increasingly technical, and although your candidates may not have hands-on experience with SEO and social media, it’s helpful if they understand the role these play in effective digital marketing campaigns. Your candidates should also understand how offline marketing can integrate with online marketing.
The best candidates will have done their research on your brand, and will have prepared and spontaneous questions to ask. They may even pitch you their own ideas. These interview questions are written to help you assess their practical experience, creativity, curiosity, and motivation. Use this interview to find out what they’re good at, what they’re interested in, and how this aligns with your team’s needs.
- What’s the primary difference between marketing and sales?
- What components make up an effective digital campaign?
- What trends are gaining traction in digital marketing?
- Discuss the relevance of offline marketing.
- What differentiates us from our competitors?
- Who are our customers?
- How do you think people discover our brand?
- What would you say to a client who wants your campaign to “go viral”?
- Describe the relationship between content marketing and SEO.
- How does social media support content marketing?
- Talk about your experience with mobile marketing.
- What is your experience with paid advertising, such as PPC or sponsored content campaigns?
- Which do you prefer, content marketing or technical marketing? Why?
- Describe an integrated marketing campaign you recently worked on. What channels did you use, and why?
- How would you measure a campaign’s effectiveness?
- Talk about the structure of your team. Who do you work with? What do they do?
- Who are your current customers? B2B? B2C?
- How does your team get customer feedback, and how does this inform your work?