Marketing Assistant responsibilities include:
- Undertaking daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Supporting marketing executives in organizing various projects
- Conducting market research and analyzing consumer rating reports/ questionnaires
We are looking for a zealous Marketing Assistant to support the Marketing department of our company in its primary and administrative duties.
Marketing Assistant Job Duties
Marketing Assistant responsibilities include assisting in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies.
This work will be a critical factor for the smooth operation of the Marketing department and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long-term growth of the company.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Support marketing executives in organizing various projects
- Conduct market research and analyze consumer rating reports/ questionnaires
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc) to augment the company’s presence in the market
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a marketing assistant
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- High School diploma; BSc in Marketing, Business or relevant field is a strong advantage
Frequently asked questions
What does a Marketing Assistant do?
Marketing Assistants are an integral part of the marketing team. They provide support and help with senior-level projects, including executive campaigns that will impact company sales. They can assist all members of the Marketing department on various projects depending on priority.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Marketing Assistant?
A Marketing Assistant has varied responsibilities in the department and is responsible for day-to-day operations in the marketing department. They start by checking voicemails, emails, and social media inquiries for company accounts; forwarding messages to appropriate members of their team when necessary; stocking general office supplies and equipment, and recording related costs such as outgoing mailings. The Marketing Assistant also attends meetings with the team and takes minutes.
What makes a good Marketing Assistant?
A good Marketing Assistant should have several key skills such as organization, communication, teamwork, creativity, and commercial awareness. They also should be familiar with any aspect of marketing, from writing copy to organizing events and communicating with clients and team members. Successful Marketing Assistants are also interested in digital trends, are fast learners, and quickly adjust to new software tools or website updates.
Who does a Marketing Assistant work with?
A Marketing Assistant usually reports to the Marketing Manager but also assists other members of the team such as Data Analysts, Social Media Manager, Promotions Coordinators, and Marketing Consultants. Depending on the company and client, some assistants may work with a single Marketing Executive on large projects.