Marketing Intern Interview Questions
Marketing interns are usually soon-to-be graduates in Marketing, Advertising or a relevant field, who aspire to gain work experience. During interviews, you should track down the most enthusiastic candidates who are willing to go the extra mile and don’t consider their internship as a burden.
Your ideal candidate will assist in various stages of your marketing campaigns. Therefore, they should have a thorough knowledge of marketing techniques. Feel free to tailor these questions to meet any specific tasks your Marketing intern position holds. In most cases, you need candidates who are familiar with social media and web applications and know how to use SEO and marketing analytics metrics.
These marketing intern interview questions should help you attract candidates with excellent interpersonal skills and a genuine passion for the marketing field. Keep in mind that your candidates probably won’t have much work experience, so you will have to ask specific questions about whether they can work well within deadlines and whether they are able to perform well in a team environment.
- Why did you choose your field of study?
- How has your academic experience prepared you for this position?
- What are your plans after graduation?
- Are you familiar with our brand?
- Who do you think our customers are?
- What’s the primary difference between marketing and sales?
- What components make up an effective digital campaign?
- What trends are gaining traction in digital marketing?
- Describe the relationship between content marketing and SEO.
- How does social media support content marketing?
- Talk about your experience with mobile marketing.
- Are you familiar with market analysis software? Mention any tools you have used before.
- Describe a time you had to work on a team project. What was your role?
- How do you prioritize different projects / assignments you have to complete at the same time?
- Describe a time you had to give a presentation.
- Did you ever quit a project? Why?