Leasing Agent responsibilities include:
- Presenting properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants
- Acting as a landlord for property owners and help them navigate the property market
- Advertising available properties using a variety of media and promoting materials
We are looking for capable Leasing Agent to present and lease properties to prospective lessors. The goal is scout potential clients, turn them into actual ones and achieve high occupancy rates.
- Present properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants
- Act as a landlord for property owners and help them navigate the property market
- Advertise available properties using a variety of media and promoting materials
- Determine the needs, living standards and economic viability of prospect customers
- Confirm rental application data and personal references
- Stay knowledgeable of the property market status
- Provide information on all aspects of properties (expansion, zoning, crime etc)
- Negotiate leasing terms and conditions and close deals
- Ensure proper maintenance and inspect properties periodically
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as Leasing Agent
- Working knowledge of real estate law and leasing practices
- Proven track of successful sales record
- Up to date with property market status
- MS Office familiarity
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Persuasive with marketing and sales skills
- Customer service orientation
- BS degree in real estate or similar
Frequently asked questions
What does a Leasing Agent do?
A Leasing Agent is a mediator between a property management company or owners and tenants. They help ensure that all properties involved are always occupied in order to maximize revenue for the owners.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Leasing Agent?
A Leasing Agent acts as the landlord for property owners, showing the properties in a professional manner, as well as explaining the features and amenities included, in order to help find tenants. They advertise available units using various media sources like TV ads or print advertisements that will help spread awareness of the properties to prospective lessees. They will also prepare lease documents and screen potential tenants.
What makes a good Leasing Agent?
A Leasing Agent will have a firm knowledge of the community and surrounding areas of the properties. They should also know real estate terminology, understand Fair Housing laws in their state/province, and be able to communicate effectively with prospective residents.
Who does a Leasing Agent work with?
A Leasing Agent interacts with prospective tenants on a daily basis. They may be an independent agent or work directly with a property manager, property owner, or real estate company. They will also work with groundskeepers, landscapers, or property maintenance workers to ensure the properties are always in top shape.