Are you a candidate?
Crush your interview with our guide
Real Estate Agent Interview Questions
Real Estate Agents act as the liaison between sellers and buyers. They’re responsible for the entire sale/purchase process, from researching properties and negotiating prices to promoting through advertisements and coordinating the purchase closing.
Before your interview, make sure you’re aware of legislation, as licensure requirements vary per location. In most cases, it’s also useful to hold a driver’s license and be able to work flexible hours. Experience in a similar role is nice to have, but also keep an eye out for candidates with a sales background. Customer service-oriented professionals are usually perfect fits for this position, with the necessary training.
Real Estate Agents work in a very competitive space, so you need a candidate with a dynamic personality who can manage competition. They usually work on commision or have specific bonus programs. Use these questions to find how they work to achieve goals and their past experience with sales quota. To succeed in this role, your candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to make attractive oral and written presentations. They also need to have strong negotiation skills to compliment client needs with business objectives. Candidates who have a knowledge of real estate markets and best practices will stand out.
Operational and Situational questions
- How will you attract new clients to our company?
- What are the most effective advertising techniques? Explain how you use social media to promote properties.
- Describe how you inspect a property. What are your main points of focus and what do you ask the owner?
- When do you identify a purchase closing as successful?
- What questions do you ask tenants to identify their needs?
- What documents are required to close the deal and who signs them?
- Do you use any tools or applications to organize your list of properties?
- How do you manage your appointments?
- If you had to sell a property in a neighborhood you’ve never been before, what would you do?
- When you advertise a bargain, how do you ensure competitors won’t reach to it?
- A young couple is looking to buy an apartment. What kind of houses would you suggest to them? How would your approach be different from other cases?
- Do you have a network of mortgage lenders and constructors you collaborate with?
- What are your obligations as a Real Estate Agent? Are you familiar with industry best practices?
- Describe your most challenging project so far. How did you deal with it?
- Do you prefer working independently or as part of a group?
- Describe a situation where you had to manage a highly demanding client. What did you do to meet their needs?
- What resources do you use to stay up-to-date with trends in the real estate market?